The leading name in vintage Bentley ownership, William Medcalf Vintage Bentley, has enjoyed a remarkable 2016 and set new standards in the historic motoring world.
Last year saw the William Medcalf Vintage Bentley business expand widely and hit all-new heights across the globe – from employing 25 members of staff to taking part in exciting new ventures. For example, the company joined a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Government scheme with the University of Surrey at the back end of the year.
KTPs are designed to help businesses innovate and grow, with university graduates bringing new skills, knowledge and ideas to an existing organisation – and William Medcalf Vintage Bentley’s involvement reinforces its desire to look to the future.
William Medcalf Vintage Bentley is renowned for its truly unique approach to vintage Bentley ownership and the way that it forever goes beyond the call of duty.
Never was this more evident than back in June, when Medcalf himself travelled over 14,000 miles from West Sussex to Mongolia with an £87 part to carry out a simple, 10-minute repair job on a client’s car.
A rear wheel bearing failure on Bill Cleytner’s 1924 Bentley SuperSports left him stranded on the Peking to Paris rally, but William came to the rescue in the most amazing fashion.
It’s service like this that has made William Medcalf the dominant force in the global vintage Bentley market, with press coverage in international news outlets such as The Times and The Daily Telegraph – as well as the release of Medcalf’s own Vintage Bentley News newspaper – outlining the company’s position.
Here we delve into the big numbers that contributed to such incredible success over the past 12 months:
- 10 – Cars sold by William Medcalf Vintage Bentley over 2016
- 35 – Cars sold since The Medcalf Collection (TMC) was formed in 2012
- £4.5m – Total value of cars sold in 2016 is £4,500,000
- 25 – William Medcalf Vintage Bentley now employs 25 members of staff
- 30 – There are always over 30 vintage Bentleys at the works
- 15,000 – Square footage of the West Sussex site
- 18 – Workshop bays where the talented William Medcalf Vintage Bentley team gets to work on creating aesthetically sympathetic parts and offering unrivalled preservation and preparation of vintage Bentleys
- 15,000 – William Medcalf Vintage Bentley has over 15,000 individual parts in stock
- 89 – Amount of part lines that were uniquely designed and created by the company
- 52 – Amount of cars William Medcalf Vintage Bentley prepared for competition throughout 2016
- 5 – Big events that William Medcalf himself took part in
- 8,500 – Vintage Bentley miles William Medcalf covered in 2016 from testing hundreds of cars and competing
- 21,000 – Most miles travelled to visit West Sussex and purchase a vintage Bentley
- 14,000 – Furthest distance travelled by William Medcalf to deliver a vintage Bentley part. William helped out a stricken Peking to Paris rally client by flying all the way to Mongolia to deliver a part worth just £87
William Medcalf’s love for vintage Bentleys is born out of a childhood spent in the passenger seat and underneath the cars. When William was just five years old, he embarked on a 28,000-mile family voyage in a 1924 Bentley, and his love for all things vintage Bentley has only grown since then.
He said: “The past 12 months have been amazing for everyone associated with William Medcalf Vintage Bentley. From the team expanding to achieving excellent sales figures and enjoying competition success, we have grown as a unit and continued to offer unrivalled quality and performance. We’re very much looking forward to 2017 and keeping up the hard work that has made William Medcalf Vintage Bentley the home of the vintage Bentley.”